The Alexander Hamilton Society would like to formally announce our 2018 AHS Summer Fellowship! In order to encourage students who have demonstrated leadership, academic achievement, and an interest in public service to pursue summer work relating to the mission of the Alexander Hamilton Society, AHS will award up to five, $3,000 grants to highly qualified and motivated students, with priority given to AHS Chapter Officers, who have secured unpaid internships relating to foreign policy, national security, and economic statecraft.
- Are seeking or have secured an unpaid internship lasting at least six weeks in the Washington, D.C. area. (You do not need to have an internship confirmed in order to apply, but the internship must be secured by the time the fellowship is awarded.)
- Attendance at the opening reception of the AHS Student Leadership Conference on Thursday, May 31st and participation in the AHS Summer Series, a sequence of 3-4 events in June and July with other AHS officers. (All events will be on evenings or weekends).
- Will be a student in spring 2018
The Application can be found HERE
Students will be required to upload the following documents to the application in PDF format or Word Doc only:
- Updated Resume
- Personal Statement describing how your summer internship will impact your future career path and what makes you an ideal candidate for this fellowship (500 words max)
- Unofficial Transcript from all undergraduate or graduate institutions
- Name and contact information for one faculty reference, preferably the AHS chapter advisor
- High resolution headshot (this does not have to be a PDF)
- The application will also ask for your prospective internship information
The deadline to apply is Monday, April 16th, 2018 and decisions will be made no later than May 15th.
We look forward to welcoming the 2018 class of AHS Summer Fellows and helping support their internships. Please contact Cherise (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.